Best Sweepstakes Casinos
Have you heard of the sweepstakes casino phenomenon that has recently swept the US? If you are here to read about what an online sweepstakes casino is, how you can join one, and whether you can win real money, then you probably have.
This guide will give you informed, accurate, and in-depth information about the best online sweepstakes casinos. Are they worth your time? Are they legal? And how does the model behind them work?
Best Sweepstakes Casinos
What are Sweepstakes Casinos?
They are a type of legal online casino that is popular in the USA and Canada. Otherwise known as social casinos, these platforms use a unique business model. Players can earn or purchase Gold coins to play games. Then as a reward for playing games or participating in promotions, players can earn another currency called Sweeps coins. You cannot purchase Sweeps, but you can use them to play in games for a chance of winning prizes. Amass enough of these Sweeps you can redeem them for cash.
One reason these platforms are so popular is that they are currently legal in 49 states. While regular real money sites are legal in some states, they are not legal in the majority. For that reason, they provide an excellent alternative for people that otherwise cannot play video slots and other gambling games.
Sweepstakes Casino Pros and Cons
This style of gaming has become a popular pastime for many in the US and other countries. Below you will see some reasons for that popularity and why you should consider signing up for one of these sites in the US.
- Availability: Legal in 49 US states and throughout Canada
- No Deposit Bonuses: Practically all platforms will offer a no-deposit bonus to players that create an account. You might receive 10,000 coins for free, for example.
- Other Bonuses & Promotions: They also offer various additional bonuses such as daily free coins, free tournament entries, refer-a-friend bonuses, and more.
- Lower Risk: As you do not need to pay anything to play, there is not as much risk attached. Of course, you can still purchase gold coins for real money, but you’re not obliged to.
As with anything in life, there are downsides and upsides to playing at a sweepstakes site. You will find some of the most common below.
- Convoluted Process: To avoid being classed as an online casino, these platforms use a complex set-up. You buy coins for actual cash, use those coins to play, and can then trade those coins back for real cash. The process at a real money site is more straightforward - you deposit and play with cash.
- Not as Many Games: While you get a variety of video slots and table games to play at a sweepstakes casino, that is nothing compared to the hundreds and even thousands available at online casinos.
- You’ll Spend Money Eventually: While the free coins from no-deposit bonuses and other promotions will last a while, you will likely spend real money in the future.
Are Online Sweepstakes Casinos Legal?
As previously mentioned, it is perfectly legal to play at these social casino sites in practically all states in the US. The only exception is the state of Washington. This is fantastic news for anyone living in a state where online gambling is illegal. You can play many of the same games you would find on real money casino sites ranging from slots and table games. And you can do so knowing that you are not breaking the law. Plus, you can win sweep coins and convert them back to cash.
Most of your initial currencies will come via the welcome bonuses offered on these platforms. Most of the top sweepstakes casino sites in the USA will offer lots of Gold Coins and even some Sweeps coins in return for your registration. You will not even have to make a deposit.
When you have run out of gold or sweeps, you can purchase gold coin packages that will usually also have a few Sweeps for you to use. You only have to look at the bonuses offered by the casinos on this page to see some great deals around.
Best Online Sweepstakes Casinos
While the bonuses will play a big part in your decision when choosing a sweepstakes casino to sign up for, there are other considerations to make. For example, some platforms will have more games than others, while some might offer a better variety of payment methods to use when purchasing coins or withdrawing Sweeps.
Each of you will have your preferences when choosing which platform to sign up to. So shop around to see what each offers in terms of bonuses, games, customer service, and payment methods.
Best Sweepstakes Casinos' Slots
The collection of video slots you can access will depend on your chosen platform. However, you can look forward to excellent titles such as those listed below when you sign up:
- Fire Blaze Blue Wizard: This is a progressive jackpot slot that is popular among players at an establishment called Chumba Casino. It has an RTP of 96.03%, 30 paylines, and bonus features, including free spins, wild symbols, re-spins, and four jackpots.
- Egyptian Dreams: This high variance 5-reel video slot is a popular choice. You can wager anywhere between 50 and 1 million gold coins per spin. Should you get lucky enough, you could win a payout of up to 7.5 billion gold coins.
- Great Rhino Megaways: If you have played Megaways slots before, you will know just how lucrative they can be. Great Rhino Megaways offers up to 200,704 ways to win, a top prize of 20 million gold coins, and a free spins round with increasing multipliers.
As the popularity of this type of free-to-play platform increases, it will only improve the number of games available to you. More software developers will ensure their games support sweep coins.
Best Sweepstakes Games
While slots offer the best fun, you are not limited to this type of casino game only. In fact, depending on your chosen platform, you can also play the following:
- Table Games: Using your gold coins, you can play various table games, including blackjack, roulette, poker, and baccarat.
- Other Games: Plus, some platforms offer video poker, scratchcards, instant win games, bingo titles, and more.
How to Play in a Sweepstakes Casino
To get started, you need to register an account and grab your no-deposit welcome bonus. Then, with your Gold and Sweeps coins loaded up, you can play games, participate in tournaments, and more. You need to visit the casino lobby, pick out the games you want to play, and start having fun.
Always check the ‘promotions’ tab to see if any additional bonuses are up for grabs. You might miss out on receiving daily or weekly gold.
How to Open an Account
When you find a sweepstakes casino site that interests you, you first must sign up and create an account. You can register if you are over 18 years old (this may differ in certain states). Normally, this requires nothing more than a few minutes of your time. You will need to create a username and password while also supplying some personal information.
Depending on the platform, you may be required to start a verification process. Others will not ask for this until you request a redemption of your sweeps coins. If you have to verify your identity as part of the registration process, this will not stop you from using your account while that process is ongoing.
Just remember to claim a welcome bonus when registering. This is where you will get your first batch of free Gold coins, possibly even some Sweeps coins.
How to Redeem in a Sweepstakes Casino
When you have earned or won enough Sweeps coins, you will probably consider converting them for real cash and redeeming that money. You cannot redeem Gold coins as these allow you to play for free and hopefully win Sweeps as prizes.
It is essential to know that you must undergo a verification procedure before you can redeem any Sweeps. You will usually have to do this just once at each platform, and it should take no longer than five days each time.
Verifying your identity will involve sending in documents and identification that verifies your identity and address. You may also have to provide evidence of your income level. This process can change on a state-by-state basis.
Once verified, you can choose from a variety of payment methods to redeem the Sweeps coins. Payment options include credit/debit cards, bank transfers, and eWallets such as Skrill, Neteller, and PayPal.
Everything About Sweeps Coins
Sweep coins are the currency you can eventually exchange for cash. You cannot purchase them, but you can win them as a prize in tournaments or receive them as part of a bonus when purchasing Gold coins. You can also use them to play games that could reward you with a cash prize or gift card.
Everything About Gold Coins
Gold coins are the currency that lets you play games for free. You can purchase as many as you like, have fun on the slots and table games, and take part in tournaments or other promotions. You cannot convert Gold coins to real money as they have no monetary value. They just let you play poker, roulette, and slots for fun.
Difference Between Online Sweepstakes and Traditional Online Casinos
While they might have many similarities, there are some significant differences between the two:
- You Don’t Play for Money (Directly): This is the main difference. At an online casino, you deposit and play with real money. However, on platforms that use the sweepstakes model, you purchase gold coins for fun gaming instead. Of course, you will also receive some Sweeps coins, which is how you can win cash prizes.
- Real Money Casino Platforms Offer More Games: While this could change as they make more games available at sweepstakes casinos, currently, there is no competition. Real-money casinos can offer thousands of games compared to the hundreds offered by platforms that use the sweepstakes model.
- They are Legal in USA and Canada: This is one of the most significant advantages. You know it is legal in almost every US state. So the only time you might avoid playing at one of these sites is if online gambling is already legal in your state.
Best Sweepstakes Casinos
How to Find the Best Sweepstakes Casino for You on Playcasino.com
We have listed the best sweepstakes platforms for US and Canadian players above. You can check out each of them for yourselves. Nothing is stopping you from creating an account at all of them before deciding which is the best for you. Ideally, you want a platform that offers good quality games and, more importantly, some excellent bonuses that could reward you with invaluable Sweeps coins.
Online Sweepstakes Casinos FAQ
What is a sweepstakes casino?
How do online sweepstakes casinos work?
In which US' states are online sweepstakes casinos legal?
How do I play casino games in a sweepstakes casino?
How can I get more coins to play in online sweepstakes casinos?
Can I really win cash playing in a sweepstakes casino?
Can I withdraw real money once winning at a sweepstakes casino?
Which are the best games to play in a sweepstakes casino?
Can I find popular online slot titles such as Starburst in a sweepstakes casino?
Can I play from mobile?
Is it safe to play at online sweepstakes casinos?
What is the minimum age to play in a USA sweepstakes casino?