No Deposit Bonus Casinos
No deposit casino bonuses give you a chance to play real money online casino games for free. These bonuses also come with the possibility of converting the no-deposit bonus cash reward or free spins winnings over into your real money balance. In effect, you could start playing as a new member with a real money balance without providing the online casino with any payment details or making a deposit to your new casino account. Furthermore, you do not need to provide any identification.
Best No Deposit Bonus Offers
What are no-deposit bonuses?
When you claim no-deposit casino bonuses, you will receive either a ‘free cash balance’ or ‘free spins’ without making any cash commitment. It is effectively a risk-free thank-you gift for choosing the casino and signing up as a member. After signing up and confirming your email address and phone number, a casino adds some free spins and cash to your balance. Once you have your ‘free cash balance’ or ‘free spins’ available, you are then free to play casino games and attempt to convert the free balance into real money.
*You must clearly distinguish between a welcome no-deposit bonus and a deposit match welcome bonus. If you sign up and receive a bonus balance or free spins in exchange for a deposit, this is NOT a no-deposit bonus.
Restrictions on winnings
Online casinos know that no deposit bonuses are appealing. After all, it's free bonus money that has the potential to become real money. And it is essential to understand the term bonus money here. You cannot simply sign up, receive your bonus and then withdraw it. Furthermore, you cannot use tricks or strategies to convert bonus cash into real money. Therefore, there are certain bonus rules or restrictions you must abide by.
Always read the bonus terms and conditions, and when you do, look out for the following important points:
- Wagering Requirement: You will need to turn over or play through the bonus money a certain number of times. For example, no deposit bonuses come with a wagering requirement. A 10 EUR bonus balance with a 30x wagering requirement requires you to bet 10 x 30 = 300 EUR before you can convert the bonus cash into real money. Click for more information about wagering requirements and how to convert bonuses into cash.
- Maximum Bet: Never bet more than the maximum bet allowed when you play while the no-deposit bonus is active. This is usually around 5.00 to 10.00 EUR or currency equivalent.
- Bonus Expiry: You will need to bet your no-deposit bonus balance within a certain time period before it expires. This could be 7 days and sometimes as many as 30 days.
- No Deposit Casino Games: Make sure you check the terms and conditions to determine which games you cannot play. Any games excluded or that contribute 0% to wagering you should avoid. Playing excluded online casino game titles could result in the bonus becoming invalid.
- Regional/Currency Restrictions: No deposit bonuses are not always available in your preferred currency, and sometimes they are restricted to certain countries.
- Account Restrictions: You can only sign up and claim one time per household (address), device, family name and/or IP address.
Other points worth noting is the use of strategies, bonus buy features and bet coverage. Sometimes online casinos also include virtual and live dealer table titles as no-deposit casino games. Never attempt to place double bets. I.e., do not bet on the ‘Player’ & ‘Banker’ while playing Baccarat or ‘Odd’ and ‘Even’ while playing roulette or Sic Bo. If you do this, you will be disqualified. On games like roulette and Sic Bo, you should also be careful not to cover more than 60 to 70% of the bets available.
How to withdraw
To withdraw after converting the no-deposit bonus into your real money balance, you will first need to make sure you have cleared any wagering or other requirements. In the case of time-limit bonuses, ensure the balance does not expire. Time limits are typically very short periods of around 3 to 7 days, while some more flexible time limits give you 14 to 30 days. It can be easy to get so caught up in playing that you lose track of time, so you should watch this very carefully. Once you convert your free balance into cash, the site will want to verify your identity – known as a ‘Know Your Customer’ (KYC) check.
Here’s the general procedure for converting no-deposit bonuses into real money:
- Always play according to the T&Cs
- Meet the wagering requirement to establish a real money balance
- Wait for the casino to verify the conversion cash conversion
- Submit a withdrawal request
- Verify your identity and allow some time for the pending time to change to processing
- Enjoy your free cash!
Pending time status can vary from 0 to 1 hour up to 72 hours before the withdrawal turns to the processing status. Once the withdrawal is processed, the time it takes to credit your chosen financial tool can vary. Most gaming sites accept a number of deposit and withdrawal options and will allow you to withdraw earnings to an e-wallet such as Skrill or Neteller for free or, in some cases, Interac (Canada), to a bank account or debit/credit card (some countries do not allow this).
With most e-wallets, funds can be available in as little as one hour, and with cryptocurrency, the timeframe can be even shorter. On the other hand, you may have to wait as long as 1 to 7 days when using a credit card or bank transfer.
Benefits of no-deposit bonuses
Although they do come with some restrictions, no-deposit bonuses are an excellent way to get a feel for how an online casino site operates. You can take advantage of free spins and free money to determine whether or not the online gaming platform is right for you. If you don’t like it, you can always play through your bonus and then leave before depositing any real money of your own.
Although the primary purpose is to test the online casino out, there is also the golden opportunity of converting your bonus balance into real money. Despite the restrictions, many players do cash out their winnings from a no deposit bonus. That being said, your best chance of success comes when you have read, understood, and agreed to the rules beforehand.
Types of no-deposit bonuses
There are two types of no deposit bonuses, and there are different ways to claim them depending on the online casino offering the deal.
- Free casino balance/chip: Casino offering a no deposit bonus add a free cash balance. This could be 5.00, 10.00 or 20.00 EUR-USD-CAD or the currency equivalent, depending on the currency you sign up for. You can then play any of the qualifying casino games according to the T&C or the casino’s general promotion rules.
- Free spins: You will receive a certain number of spins on designated slot machines. This could be 10, 20, 30, 50 or more free spins. Your winnings from playing on such slots head into your bonus money balance. You are then free to play any online casino games that qualify for bonus money bets.
Tips for claiming no-deposit bonuses
If you are new to iGaming and online gambling, or you are an experienced player looking for a little extra guidance, it is always useful to get some top tips:
- Choose no deposit bonuses that offer low wagering requirements. This will give you a higher chance of winning real money.
- Always look at the online casino’s other promotional offers. If you plan to claim more casino promo deals, you will also want to make sure the other promo deals will keep you interested.
- Check the slots offered via various deals, then shortlist the ones you feel would best suit your style of gameplay. If you are looking for free spins, then Book of Dead by Play’n GO and Starburst by NetEnt are some of the most popular slots out there.
- Check how long your free cash balance is valid. Those with a longer time period give you the greatest chance of winning a cash balance that you can withdraw.
How to activate no-deposit bonuses
When claiming your free cash or free spins after you register, casinos offer various paths.
- Some no-deposit bonuses require a bonus code, which is similar to a coupon you would use at an eCommerce store.
- Some online casinos will credit you with free spins or a money balance as soon as you sign up and sign in for the first time. For this type of deal, you usually need to follow a link with an exclusive offer, exactly like the no-deposit promos offered here on this page.
- You may also come across online casinos that require you to contact customer service via live chat or email to activate your free casino bonus no-deposit offer.
Below are some of the most commonly asked questions and answers on the subject of no-deposit casino bonuses:
What types of no deposit bonus are there?
What's the difference between free play games and no deposit games?
What is a no deposit casino?
What games can I play with free no deposit bonuses?
Can I win real money on no deposit casino bonuses?